Can Dogs Eat Cheesecake?

If you love cheesecake, then you might want to share this sweet treat with your 4-legged best friend. However, dogs cannot safely eat everything that we can. So, you wonder: Can dogs eat cheesecake?

Can Dogs Eat Cheesecake?

As you might already know, sweets in general are not good for dogs. Cheesecake is no exception to this rule. The short answer to the above question is no, it’s not recommended to give your dog cheesecake.

Cheesecake is bad for dogs for two reasons:

For one, it’s a cheesecake, it contains cheese! Cheese, though, is a dairy product, and as most dogs are lactose intolerant, they cannot properly digest dairy products. If your dog is lactose intolerant, then feeding him cheesecake will only cause him intestinal distress (excessive gas, diarrhea or vomiting).

can-dogs-eat-cheesecakeFor two, cheesecake contains a lot of sugar! Sugar can make your dog act hyper, and cause health problems such as dental cavities, diabetes and obesity. It’s definitely not a good idea to feed your dog sugary treats.

Cheesecake with Raisins is an Absolute No-no for Dogs!

Dried grapes (a.k.a. raisins) are just as toxic for dogs as fresh grapes, so cheesecake with raisins is an absolute no-no for all dogs. In the case your dog has consumed raisins or anything with raisins in it, contact a veterinarian as soon as possible.

Conclusion on Cheesecake

There’s no need to panic if your dog has eaten a slice of cheesecake, but don’t intentionally feed it to your dog. Most importantly, don’t forget that raisin are just as dangerous to dogs as grapes.

Save

Add Comment